Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Living to live - and The Biggest Loser


I know it's been a little while...

For the first time, I watched Season 6 of The Biggest Loser, when it initially aired on TV a few months ago. I was amazed with the outcomes and strengths that the individuals had, both good and bad.

So now, as part of my Tuesday night routine, I continue watching The Biggest Loser. Last week I told my husband that I was amazed at what our society has become. I know there are the extremes, anorexically skinny and morbidly obese. I know that sometimes it can be easy to lose track of oneself and one day look in the mirrow and not recognize who or what you've become. The unfortunate part of the obesity problem is that for some people it's gotten to be a matter of life or death.

Last week, the show introduced a 19-year-old man who was over 420 pounds. He didn't know whether he was going to be able to live to be 25 or 30 years old. As a 25-year-old young woman, I was shocked to hear that a young person like that might not make it to live to be 30 years old. It's scary alone to think that I'll be hitting the 30s range soon.

In September of last year I challenged myself to lose 10% of my body weight. Now that I've achieved that, I'm challenging myself to lose another 10%. I've found that I have more energy and stamina; and most importantly, I feel great! :) And one of the exciting things about my challenge is that I can now fit into my old clothes again! Yeah!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails