Saturday, July 10, 2010

Croissant Heaven


This post was written 6/1.

I had the best newest coffee this afternoon!  I decided to be adventurous on an insanely weather-wise day (hard rain, hail, a bit of wind and somewhat sunny) and try a new coffee drink at Starbucks.  The blends of my new favorite coffee were superb!  The mixture of caramel, espresso and milk for my nonfat Caramel Macchiato were divine and perfect for wacky weather Saturday.

croissant

Croissant photo courtesy of http://www.anspach.eu/bistrorante/

A good friend of mine challenged me find a healthy croissant.  I LOVE croissants.  If calories didn’t exist, I’d eat them with an egg sandwich for breakfast and a regular sandwich for lunch.  Actually I bake the pre-made Pillsbury croissants with bits of chocolate chips for an instant treat!  But be careful, those little devils are addicting!  And you can’t have just one.  They’re all you can ask for in just a few little bites.  Let me tell you it’s an out-of-this-world experience.  The warm, buttery taste of the croissant as it makes its way into your mouth, the softness of how it feels as you secure the croissant so it doesn’t fall out of your hand, and the chocolate….oh, the chocolate!  OK, seriously, I’m not a big chocolate fan/eater, but this is seriously one of my absolute favorite treats!

So I’m on a quest to find and make a healthy croissant, with added chocolate chips of course!

Did you know there’s a new Cooking Channel?  It’s completely separate from Food Network, but FN has this special 2nd show.  I’m really bummed I can’t watch it (as the Cooking Channel was previously known as the Fine Living Network).  I suppose I’ll have to stick to FN. Boo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails