Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Although it was kind of unfortunate that we spent Thanksgiving alone, it was nice to have a quiet one.  We did, however, celebrate Thanksgiving with some friends two weeks ago.  I really wanted to gather all of our friends in town and spend some time together, as I knew that each of us would go our separate ways for the holiday.  I made my first turkey (I’ll post pics up as soon as I find the connector from the camera to the computer) and it turned out well!…except that  I couldn’t find the giblets and I put a little too much flour in the turkey bag, but hey, it was the moistest turkey I’ve ever made! :)  I did make some pies (pumpkin – that didn’t turn out well) and apple pie (I really liked how it turned out!).  I also made stuffing and gravy (from the packet, as I didn’t have any time to make real gravy with real turkey leftovers.  Maybe next year! :)  I popped the cranberry sauce out of the can (I love the flavor compared to real cranberries – unless somebody can prove me otherwise.

All in all our pre-Thanksgiving meal went well.  We played Rock Band with our friends, made a Starbucks run and chatted a while.  It was a great Thanksgiving!  On the actual Thanksgiving Day  I felt it was a lot of cooking/work for just two people, so we ate out at Hometown Buffet.

I’m so thankful for safety, friends, family, and especially my hubby.  Even though we’ve had a rough year I’m so thankful that he’s a part of my life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails