Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Year’s Goals


This morning I started thinking what my new year’s resolutions would be.  Yes, really.  I know it’s a bit early to even start thinking about it, but why not get a head start – not just thinking about it, but actually doing it?  That way there’s not as much pressure, and by that time, I’ve already got my groove going!

So here are some of my goals:

  • Now that I’ve just about reached my goal weight, (I’ve lost over 55 lbs) I want to get really toned.  In February my hubby and I are going on our first Vegas trip (kinda sad, I know, but better late than never!  Then next Christmas we’ll be at at Disney World with my siblings and their families, so I definitely want to look smashingly fantastic :)
  • Make & try 3 to 4 new recipes a month.  I really want to get back into doing things I love, and cooking is one of them.  I want to think of myself as a healthier Julia Child cook.  I know it can be tempting to cook with loads of butter, but I want to live a healthier lifestyle so that my family can live longer.

For now I think I’ll have my hands full.  I don’t want to overwhelm myself with standards that seem impossible to meet.  So this next week, I'm going to start on my goals!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails