Thursday, February 18, 2010

Virgin Lenten


Although I do not practice Lent or have ever practiced it, this year week I really looked into what it means.  Why do people practice it?  In high school I had several friends who always practiced Lent.  Even now, some of my ex-coworkers practice it.  Why do it?  Why not do it?

According to All About Lent, Lent is a season that can be used as spiritual spring cleaning, to clean out things that “hinder our corporate and personal relationships with Jesus Christ and our service to him.”

So I’ve decided to be a bit unconventional considering I’ve never participated in Lent by changing my negative attitude into a more positive one.  Christians are supposed to be a happy sort of people, right?  And you aren’t really Christ-like when negative attitudes or behavior are present in you, right?  I didn’t realize how much the negativity affected my life so I’m on a journey to change it, followed with lots and lots of prayer, conscious thought and patience.

So today’s been my 2nd day on my un-negative attitude/journey of Lent.  Two days down, 38 days to go.  I can’t say that it’s been easy, but it hasn’t been horrifically difficult.  I guess today’s an in-between day, except for a comment that was made on Facebook that was driving me nuts.  Husband’s response?  Just ignore it.  Breathe.  Just breathe.  Breathe again.  I feel like I’m going to need to practice a little more Yoga breathing in the interim for my Lent.  Lots of Yoga breathing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails