Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A day of relaxation


I was filling out the following quiz on the T-mobile website and they suggested this about me:

You're a Dreamer. You're a hands on person who likes getting involved. You find great contentment in being expressive and creative. You are quite spiritual and seek peace and harmony with the world. You feel most at home when you're at one with nature - being out in the wilderness suits your adventurous nature.

It's important to take it easy from time to time. Being able to truly relax is a real gift. Life moves fast and sometimes it's nice to step off the treadmill and recharge those batteries.

You're a bit of a gourmet food lover whether that means hitting one of your favorite restaurants or trying out a new recipe yourself at home.

That actually does sound quite like me.  I like keeping busy, but I do enjoy some down time and definitely do enjoy trying out new recipes.

Speaking of down time, after going into work this morning, I decided I needed to take a personal day.   There was just so much that I was worrying and thinking about, that it was making it difficult to focus on the things that I needed to focus on at work.  I felt pretty frazzled and stressed out.  Taking a personal day the wisest decision I’ve ever made.  I drove to Safeway, grabbed some sushi for lunch and headed to Barnes and Noble.  There I spent a couple of hours sipping on some coffee, drinking a diet coke, listening to spa music on my laptop (thanks to Pandora, of course), and looking through some magazines.  It was SO relaxing! It gave me some time to think about some things and enjoyed being away from the office. Sometimes I’ll go to B&N during the weekend and do my thing, but there was something so special, so different, about doing this during the week.  It was definitely a real treat; and I’m so glad I did.  After a couple of hours at B&N I headed over to 24-hour fitness and did a grueling 2-hour workout – 1 hour on the bike and about 50 minutes of weight training.  I felt so great afterward!  I still have that happy feeling when I think about how my day went and am getting ready to happily hop into bed.  I already know I’m going to be sore tomorrow morning, but at least tomorrow’s going to be another Yoga day!  Hooray!  I’m always looking forward to those days.

By the way, I don’t agree with the terms that were on the Health Care Reform.  Seeing myself as mostly Democrat, I highly disagree in how congress and the president have decided to handle this issue.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails