Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tired Chatterbox


So much to say, so little time!

I feel like I’ve neglected my baby, a.k.a. “the blog”, but it’s not like I’ve completely given up on it.  I try to catch up on other people’s blog through my blog – does that count?  It seems like I’ve been incredibly busy, even though my life might sounds pretty boring. 

At this point in time, my life consists of work and working out…oh yeah, and on occasion, cooking!  Seriously, I feel like I’ve barely had any time to cook, which is such a shame because I love it; however if I don’t get my workout in right after work my “workout evening” is totally shot, I know it.  The gym is about 25 minutes away from home, so it really feels like I have to make the extra effort to go out once I come home from work; thus I make the trek directly from work to the gym.  Total driving time one way:  1 hour.  But it’s totally worth it, especially on yoga nights, like tonight.  Miguel and I have been going through some tough times lately, with him being recently laid off again (a little over a month now) and it seems like the bills continue to pile on!  Yesterday I was thinking, what would it be like to not have to pay bills for like 6 months?  Those thoughts reverted me back to Office Space.  Somewhere between the move from Central California and NorCal the movie’s been misplaced – I can’t seem to find it anywhere.  I think I may have let somebody borrow it, but I don’t know who that might have been.  For all I know it could be stuck in a box somewhere.

Anyway, I’ve come to the conclusion that yoga nights are awesome.  I was kind of laughing at myself tonight on the drive back home, thinking, the gym is probably one of the best things that’s ever happened to us.  It gives me time to get a good workout in, some time to myself where I get to relax and be in my “zone” and time away from home.  It also gives MigL time to himself; and when things are stressful everything seems so much better when I come home after a workout at the gym. 

Tonight was an especially stressful evening.  We somewhat argued about taking some time out to clean up the house a bit mire, but because we were both stressed out (mainly I was incredibly stressed out) about bills, finding a job for him and such, it felt like the world was slowly starting to crumble.  Thus I was definitely looking forward to yoga.  Gosh, it felt SO good during and afterward!  I was energized, and even had a spring to my step! OK, not really, but I did feel a happy aura.  There’s a static-y area on the drive from my house to the gym because of some small hills and the only station that gets the least static happens to be the classical station.  Sometimes that’s all I need to get through a long drive – to hear a really awesome piece.  It was indeed a relaxing drive back home.

I’m not sure why, but for some reason I was craving lentils and rice ALL DAY!  Granted, I haven’t made lentils in a couple of months, but something told me that’s what I needed to feel happy – probably because I was a bit hungry.  Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that bring the best comfort.  So after yoga, I made lentils and Spanish rice.  It was the BEST!  I mixed both all together and it was delish!  All I needed was a few bites of each (OK, more like a 1/4 cup of rice and some lentils) and I was totally happy.  On a side note, in Salvadoran culture when you combine beans and rice it’s called casamiento (meaning marriage);  what’s it called when you mix lentils and rice?  Would you consider calling it the same thing?

I was catching up on some blogging tonight and found out that one of my favorite Food Network chefs, Tyler Florence, is opening up a new restaurant right here in Napa!  I’m head over heels – not to mention he’s incredibly cute (second to Michael Vartan, who apparently is engaged?!  Ugh.)  Sorry Josh Groban, you’ve been bumped to third.  Tyler’s new restaurant, Rotisserie & Wine is supposed to be only a few blocks from my house! You had me at rotisserie.. Haha!  Seriously, that's how I feel right now. 

I know it’s getting late and I can feel the goofiness starting to come out.  BUT I am totally relaxed and it doesn’t hurt that I’m listening to Spa Radio on Pandora.  It definitely makes me want to snuggle up and relax.

On another side note I watched the third episode of Who Do You Think You Are? online on NBC.  I’ve really resonated with the show because for years my aunt and I have been trying to track down our family history.  I only wish I could travel and actually see where they’ve come from and talk to people who knew my great grandparents.  In any case, in this particular episode they featured Lisa Kudrow’s history and I literally felt shivers and actually reacted to her story deeper than I’ve ever reacted before.  She was trying to find out what happened to her great grandmother’s family, among other things, as her family’s background is Jewish.  I totally didn't know that.  Anyway, if you get a chance to watch it, definitely do.  I promise, it’s worth it.  It even finishes with a happy ending.

I’m out for now.  Happy sleeping thoughts!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails