Saturday, May 15, 2010

Crunchy tuna sandwich


Just got my Cooking Light magazine in the mail!!  Yippee!  I had one of the most awesome impromptu lunches I’ve ever made today, and without a recipe!  

025

My apologies - I was so hungry, took a bite, and then I remembered to take a picture.

Crunchy Tuna Sandwich

Serves: 2

Ingredients

1/8 cup Fat Free Greek-style yogurt
4 pieces of canned marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
6 oz water-packed tuna fish, drained
1 tsp mustard
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 slices of Sourdough bread
garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat broiler.

Drizzle olive oil onto the Sourdough bread and broil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.  Divide the mixture evenly.

Latin cook’s notes

You can certainly substitute regular extra virgin olive oil or other olive oils if you don’t have the garlic infused olive oil.  Instead of drizzling olive oil on both sides, I actually only drizzled and toasted it on one, so when I put my sandwich together, I placed the crispy side with the mixture on top, so that I would have the soft part on the outside.  I really loved the crunchiness from the bread on the inside, the softness on the outside, and also the crunchiness from the red bell pepper.

027

Honey Berry Smoothie

Ingredients

1  tbsp honey
1 large banana
1 1/2 cups Silk Vanilla Light
1 cup frozen mixed fruit
1/2 cup mixed berries 
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup ice cubes

Directions

Mix all ingredients in a blender and serve!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails