Saturday, October 9, 2010

Losing for Good


The 3rd annual Weight Watchers Lose for Good Challenge began on September 5.  I’ve been so excited about it since I initially read about it in this month’s WW Magazine.  This’ll be a great time to lose those last few pounds and get back to my goal weight and continue to maintain!

“As you lose weight and participate in other activities from September 5 to October 23, you can help feed children and families in need.*  Wow, only 2 weeks left until L4G is over.  Do you think I can lose another 5 pounds in two weeks?  It doesn’t hurt to try healthfully, of course.  Healthy eating and exercise, here I come!

So far, as of last week, I’ve lost 5 pounds!  Yeah!  I’ve got about another 5 pounds to go and I’ll be back at my goal weight.  I don’t know why, but for me it seems easier to lose weight during Fall than it is any other time of year.  Since I began WW in late 2008, I’ve noticed that I have a difficult time losing weight from May – September.  However, even though I have days or weeks when it’s difficult to maintain, I’ve been successful at maintaining within 5 to 10 pounds. Yay me!

I spent this morning as a cooking fairy.  My friend T was hosting a home lunch (free lunch for college students) and was invited over to lunch.  However, I spent this morning helping (which I totally didn’t mind at all) chopping and peeling broccoli, parsnips and carrots and browning some tri-tip roast.  We had a really great lunch!  Butternut squash soup, steamed broccoli, carrot/parsnip mash, tri-tip roast, boiled potatoes and a zucchini-pecan cake.  Yum!  A few hours after lunch I began feeling sleepy because I was so completely full from lunch!  Thank goodness for a nice walk and French-pressed coffee.  I still feel completely full from lunch.  Even though I’m fairly tired, I hope I can fall asleep soon.

I’m currently watching “Because I Said So”  It’s a great chick-flick way to end my fun-filled day. 

Oh yah, so I’ve been going through some blog remodeling/face lifts lately.  I feel like I needed to kick it up a notch, if you know what I mean.  Some more changes soon to come, but it’s all work-in-progress.  Bear with me, folks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails