Sunday, January 17, 2010

Catch-up Sunday.


Weekend recap.

This morning’s breakfast included a toasted whole wheat English muffin,1 oz of mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp of Ragu with egg mug eggs with spinach.  Delish!  I accompanied my breakfast muffin with a glass of V8 Fusion Light Peach Mango.  Unfortunately I devoured my muffin before I was able to take a picture of it.

In my last post I mentioned that I ran 4.5 miles.  Hooray!  However the next day my left foot started bothering me.  So uncool.  I had to figure out what to do for workouts, so I tried riding the indoor bicycle, did yoga and tried Zumba.  I’ve been a bit discouraged and unmotivated about working out since Thursday, especially since I found out I still haven’t made my goal weight.  Since then I kind of haven’t really cared about what I’ve been eating.  I’ve had lots of ice cream on Thursday and really have had the munchies since then.  Hmpph.

Last night we went out with some friends and saw Avatar on IMAX.  Before I saw the movie I didn’t really care to see it and thought this movie was going to be “another one of these movies”.  I was definitely utterly surprised.  The vivid colors, the textures, and the 3-D experience was definitely one-of-a-kind.  After the movie we ate at Taj Indian Restaurant, a fabulous restaurant in Fairfield.  I was even more ecstatic that my hubby actually liked Indian food, was able to tolerate it and even had seconds!  I asked him about his second helping later that evening and he said that he’d partly been really hungry and partly because he really liked the food.  Hooray!!

Friday after work I came home and sat down to watch the movie I ordered as part of my Christmas present.  What would be one of the greatest movies for a foodie, you ask?  Julie and Julia, of course!  So I watched the entire movie.  Afterward, looking through the special features (not that there’s very many features and wish there were more…a Julia Child trivia perhaps?) I decided to re-watch the movie with the writer/director’s commentary about the movie.  I was a bit disappointed there wasn’t more commentary to the movie, but I guess you get what you get.  You’d think I would have gotten sick from watching it.  Alas, no.  Unfortunately I was actually really tired so I had to stop the DVD at 2 a.m., to be continued at a later time.

As I’m writing this blog I’m actually finishing the last part of the Julie and Julia commentary while literally eating frozen yogurt.  And I mean literally.  On Friday I took one of my Yoplait Light yogurts, Harvest Peach to be exact, and stuck it in the freezer.  It’s so good!  It’s actually a bit comical that I’m eating frozen yogurt since the weather outside is pretty gloomy and rainy.  But this is my take on defying the day, despite the weather.

This afternoon’s plan includes going to the library and borrowing Julia Child’s cookbooks, as I decide if it’s worth investing in them.  I went grocery shopping a few days ago and intended on cooking up some new recipes but just haven’t had a chance; so today I’ll cook up something.  I’ve got a list of things I want to cook, just have to figure out which one I’ll make.

Off to my JC and food adventure!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails