Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ready for bed; but first a little entertainment


The house is mostly clean and I’m ready for bed!  It’s been quite a long day…working out, cleaning.  It doesn’t sound like much, but I cleaned quite a bit! 

I also started shredding some junk mail – holy cow!  I get so much junk mail in a week…unfortunately it had piled up for a few months, so I was doing quite a bit “winter cleaning”.  But it’s all done now and I feel refreshed that it’s all gone and my house is clean :)

To wind down my evening, I’m currently watching “Worst Cooks in America” on Food Network.  It’s actually kinda funny to see all these horrible cooks try to make a meal.  Friends and family have nominated these people as the worst cooks in America and Chefs Anne Burrell and Beau McMillan have chosen the worst cooks out of 24 people (after the cooks have made a meal that best represents their cooking) to be on the opposing team.  Burrell and McMillan are competing against each other and will teach these bad cooks to cook like a chef in a competition that will last 10 weeks.  The finalists will prepare a three course meal which will be judged by a panel of food judges that think their food is made by Burrell and McMillan; the winning cook will win $25,000.  Not bad, eh?

In this first episode they’re supposed to re-create a dish that chefs Anne Burrell and Beau McMillan have shown them how to do. It must look and taste exactly as the chefs have made it.  I feel bad for these cooks because it really looks like they’re trying and some of them just aren’t getting it.  One of them even uses the utensils and places them on the plate “strategically” to cover up the food that even she thinks is bad.  Gosh that’s awful.  No one should EVER do that.

Well kids, it’s been fun.  Now off to bed I go for an exciting workweek.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails