Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!


Happy 2010!!

happy-new-year I'm really looking forward to this year because... 1) I've nearly reached my goal weight and am looking forward to maintaining it 2) I'm going to a fun first trip to Vegas 3) I'll be spending Christmas in Walt Disney World! Hurray!

Looking back at the blog about my new year's resolutions, I have to confess that I haven't started them quite yet. What was I thinking?! I didn't realize it was a bad time to start mainly because I was out visiting family and doing lots of traveling for a week. Then came the holidays, and this past week was pretty busy. But since the new year is here, I will be sure to accomplish those.

In addition to the resolutions I've made to continue working out and toning, and cooking two new recipes a month, I've added two more resolutions:

- Practice Yoga at least once a week at the gym
- Blog more :)

I've realized that I've really been enjoying the yoga sessions I've attended. The last one I went to, I was really sore from working out (the previous day I began some strength training and my body was screaming bloody murder the day after), and I had a few things on my mind that I was stressing about. But I've realized that Yoga has really helped me to get rid of those stresses temporarily and get them out of my system; and the other thing is that after the session, my body feels much more relaxed and happy because it's like an entire hour of stretching - at least that's how I'm kind of looking at it now. So I'm excited about going to Yoga :).

I've come to the conclusion that just like eating and breathing, I need to exercise. It needs to come second nature. Otherwise if I don't, I'll become an unhappy person and perhaps revert back to my unhealthy old self. But at least I now know the tools that will keep me healthy and living longer.

I've also noticed that I've kind of neglected the blogging...I really do think I should blog more than once a month. I don't do this blog justice, so I'll make it a point to blog as often as I can.

But enough of the negativity. I'm looking forward to a great new year with new beginnings. I really hope 2010 treats all of us well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails